Posted due to popular demand…
This recipe is one of my favorites. Waste those brown banana’s no more!
If you are gluten-free or grain-free this is sure to be a hit for your tastebuds… Even if you aren’t, I have found it to be a crowd pleaser!
Grain-Free Banana Bread
(inspired by recipes.sparkpeople.com)
- 3 ripe bananas
- 4 Tbsp organic butter, melted (Kerrygold used here)
- 2 Tbsp raw honey
- 1 tsp pure vanilla
- 6 eggs, cage-free, organic
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup walnuts, optional
- 1/2 cup dairy-free, soy-free chocolate chips, optional (Enjoylife used here)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Mash bananas and mix well with melted butter.
3. Add honey, vanilla and eggs and whisk together until well blended.
4. In a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients. Add to mixture and stir to combine.
5. Add walnuts (or any other nut) and chocolate chips if desired.
6. Pour batter into parchment paper lined or greased loaf pan. Bake for 40-50 minutes until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
7. Enjoy warm with a small slab of organic, whole cream butter!