Touchdown Wings, Sauce, & Dip Recipes!
Super Bowl Sunday is right around the corner! In an effort to banish the bloat and feel your best this Sunday, check out the following recipe for wings and dip. They are sure to please the crowd and leave guests asking for more!
Instead of deep frying the wings, the following method utilizes the oven for a baked wing that is finished in the broiler for a nice crispy skin. The sauces are homemade and simple so you don’t have to stress about all of the extra preservatives and dyes commonly found in store-bought marinades and sauces. The wing/veggie dip is also super simple and full of healthy probiotics.
Bonus, we used a ton of spices that have anti-inflammatory benefits so feel free to play with the amounts and make the sauces and dips your very own.
With a spread like this, you can enjoy your Super Bowl Sunday without resorting to Tums and other digestive aids after it is all said and done… Check out the recipes below!
Touchdown Baked Chicken Wings
- 2-3 pounds of chicken wings, preferably organic, cage-free
- sea salt and pepper
- Parchment paper (optional)
- Baking sheet
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper and spread wings evenly over sheet. Sprinkle lightly with sea salt and pepper.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until internal temperature is 185 degrees F. Flip wings half way through baking process,
- After wings are fully cooked, set oven to broil on high. Allow wings to crisp on each side until golden brown (about 3-4 minutes each side), remove from oven and let cool.This last step is the most important if you want crispy wings!
- Brush with sauce and serve immediately.
Indian Curry Hot Sauce
- 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 Tbsp chili paste
- 2 Tbsp curry powder (we like hot madras version)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic
- 1/2-1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp tomato paste
Method: Add all ingredients to a small bowl and whisk until smooth. Brush over chicken wings after they are baked. Use remainder for dipping wings as desired.
Sweet Teriyaki Infusion Sauce
- 1/2 cup tamari (gluten-free)
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 5 Tbsp pineapple juice
- 1/2 tsp ginger powder
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp molasses
- 2 tsp arrowroot powder
Method: Combine all ingredients in a small sauce pan and whisk until smooth. Place on stove top burner over medium heat and slowly allow sauce to heat up. Stir continuously. When sauce starts to thicken, remove from heat and let cool. Brush over chicken wings and use remainder as a dipping sauce as desired.
Yogurt Chip and Veggie Dip
- 8-10 oz Plain greek yogurt
- 1 tsp each dried garlic powder, dried onions, dried oregano, dried dill
- dash of cayenne (optional)
- sea salt and pepper to taste
Method: Combine all ingredients and serve with fresh veggies and/or chicken wings!
Other healthy options for your Super Bowl party
- Carrots and celery served with hummus and/or salsa
- Air-popped corn with sea salt and cracked pepper
- Bacon wrapped jalapenos (use nitrate-free bacon)
- Bacon wrapped dates
- Fresh fruit and veggie platter – the more colors the better!
- Fried plantains with yogurt dip
- Mexican chicken pozole
- Banana bread
- Sweet potato nachos
Want to work with me? Call 808-521-8170 to schedule your FREE 15 minute consult at IMUA Orthopedics, Sports and Health located at 1010 S. King Street, Honolulu. You can also check out my class schedule here!